I guess you are referring to Google My Business as local SEO and Google Search Ads as Ads. I assume you are in some service business or similar.

It depends upon many factors

  • Expected ROI (Return over investment)
  • Time
  • Competitors
  • Optimization

I will start with an example: Let's say you below to Towing business

(Results of Towing service Google Search result in Mumbai)

(Results of Towing service Google Search result in Goa)

The result proves that Local SEO or GMB is worthless when you compete with Google Ads. Because Google ads are the paid services. When Google has a paid advertiser. Google prioritizes ads on the top search results. GMB and SEO follow next. The valuable clients from Mumbai might never reach you if you are only accessible through the GMB listing of Mumbai. Because as per the phrase “First come first serve”. Clients will only click on the first or second listing.

But If you optimize your Google GMB results in GOA. There are high chances to rank first. It takes its own time.

I am willing to know more about your business and your online campaign. So I can provide you best.